About Centsable & WHGNE
Women’s Health Goulburn North East (WHGNE) is the government-funded specialist
women’s health service for the Goulburn Valley and North East Victoria.
WHGNE is a dynamic, independent, feminist organisation committed to improving the health, safety and wellbeing of women in the Goulburn Valley and North East Victoria. We are dedicated to promoting the health outcomes of all women, and to improving the delivery of health and community services for women in our local community.
We acknowledge and affirm the diversity, capability, strength, and resilience of women, and work to build on these strengths to achieve safer, fairer and more equitable social, environmental and economic outcomes for women.
To achieve this goal, we:
- Research women’s experiences of health to raise awareness, change attitudes, and influence service response.
- Are alert to the political environment, and work to uphold and advance women’s rights by influencing policy and planning.
- Provide professional training and education to develop skills and resources that empower local women, communities and service providers.
- Implement a range of integrated health promotion activities across the Hume region.
- Work in strong collaboration with women, organisations and communities.